Use the following steps to install curl:
- Open http://curl.haxx.se/dlwiz?type=bin in a browser.
- Select your operating system in the dropdown box: either Windows /Win32 or Win 64. Click Select!
- For Win 32, choose whether you will use curl in a Windows Command Prompt (Generic) or in a Cygwin terminal (cygwin). For Win 64, choose whether you will use curl in a Windows Command Prompt (Generic) or MinGW (MinGW64). Click Select!
- If required, choose your Windows operating system. Finish.
- Click Download for the version which has SSL enabled or disabled
- Open the downloaded zip file. Extract the files to an easy-to-find place, such as C:\Program Files.
- Open up the Windows Command Prompt terminal. (From the Start menu, click Run, then type cmd.)
- Set the path to include the directory where you put curl.exe. For example, if you put it in C:\Program Files\curl, then you would type the following command: set path=%path%;"c:\Program Files\curl"
- Type curl. You should see the following message: curl: try 'curl –help' or 'curl –message' for more information This means that curl is installed and the path is correct.